I received a bottle of this as a gift from my friend Susan Gathercole – when she is taking a break from creating her enchanting art, she creates taste sensations in the kitchen. This is a Danish recipe passed onto her, it’s a wonderful morning shot of two spices with widely recognised medicinal properties, which have been valued and used throughout the ages.
Thank you Sue
Take a look at Sue’s art here
Turmeric & Ginger Shot
- 300 g fresh ginger root
- 4-5 cm piece of fresh turmeric root
- 2 x organic lemons
- One tablespoon soft brown organic sugar
- 2 litres of water
- Finely slice roots (you can peel the ginger to get clearer result, although you would loose some of the nutrients in the skin)
- Slice lemons into 8ths
- Place all ingredients in a large pan, bring to the boil and simmer for 45 mins.
- Leave to cool and pour through a fine sieve into sterilised bottles. Should keep for a week or so in the fridge.